Today you’ll learn about what brand experience is, the characteristics of the concept and why it is important for your brand.
Having a good brand image is essential for any business. It allows generating a positive notoriety and therefore a better evaluation of the products and services offered.
But what is brand experience? How can organizations build and maintain it? In this article we will give you some tips to achieve it trough the right research strategy.
What is brand experience?
Brand experience is the result of all the emotions and perceptions a consumer feels about a brand during their contact with it, whether in advertising, direct visits to the location of the business or while using of the product.
The brand experience can be seen as a broader and slightly different concept of the customer experience as in this case, the person can perceive and evaluate it without being aware of being a customer.
Therefore, any customer experience can be considered a brand experience, while not all brand experiences translate into a customer experience.
Advantages of building your brand experience
Branding makes it easy for organizations to connect with customers, inspire audiences, and ultimately deliver positive business results.
Among the main benefits of building a brand experience are the following:
- Create opportunities to generate content that can be shared in all communication channels and share it among consumers and thus increase the impact of the brand.
- It helps you get the attention of customers, which you should take advantage of to make them participate in your brand, either by testing your products and participating in the development.
- Create authentic interactions with consumers. This is one of the best ways to get them to remember your product and increase their brand loyalty.
- Engaging with consumers in a one-on-one interaction means that they will spend much more time with your brand and your product.
- The brand experience allows your customers to interact with your products and generate information for your brand.
Guide to building a brand experience
Here are the steps that will help you build your brand experience effectively:
1. Evaluate your brand identity to have a coherent image
The first step in creating a brand experience is to implement a quality strategy, consistent and relevant to your industry and its strategic positioning.
Representation to the public should reflect the structure of the organization and highlight what sets you apart from the competition.
In this step, it is important to consider the following points:
- What is my offer and what are the characteristics that differ from my product or service?
- Which is my goal?
- How to stand out in a competitive market?
- What are my values?
- Knowing your structure, your assets and your objectives allows you to identify the essence of the company to transmit relevant messages and stand out.
Values must also be presented through a marketing strategy, but also through external and internal communication. Employees and people belonging to the organization must feel these values and transmit them.
If the message sent to the client is not aligned with the internal practices of the organization, it runs the risk of making their actions less credible and damaging their external representation and reputation.
2. Visually spread your identity
The next step for an effective brand experience is to collect the information and transform it into visual elements.
The visual communication of a brand allows to transmit an innumerable amount of messages in a subtle way through:
- Choice of colors and fonts
- Choice of corresponding graphic codes.
These two parameters will allow you to create a logo and a slogan or modify the existing one. In fact, it is sometimes necessary to change the logo and graphic line to improve consistency and relevance.
These components of visual identity should be present in every medium in which you spread your brand, such as television ads, the website, social media posts, order forms, or even signatures at the end of the email. There’s also other uses of brand image surveys.
3. Create marketing and communication strategies to transmit your brand experience
The last step in creating a brand experience is to strategically distribute your brand image. For this, it is essential to establish a marketing and communication plan that allows you to reach your target audience.
The strategy will make it possible to determine the means by which to reach the different market segments, the frequency, the tone in which they will be transmitted, etc.
This communication must be accompanied by a brand marketing strategy to support the message and further increase the reputation of the company.
Consumers’ perceptions of brands can change over time in a positive or negative way.
negative. Successful actions accompanied by increased customer satisfaction will promote a positive mental representation of your brand. Learn how to create a brand research strategy.
Importance of building a brand experience
The brand experience can mean the difference between being chosen over the competition or losing the sale. Because of this, it’s easy to see why brands strive to create impressive and eye-catching experiences.
The brand experience is essential in the creation and success of an organization. In an environment where the diversity of companies and the variety of consumer choices can be overwhelming, having an appropriate and recognizable brand is essential to stand out in the market and create a strong relationship. between companies and customers.
If you want to apply a brand questionnaire and obtain information that helps you define your brand experience, do not hesitate to contact us. At QuestionPro we have the tools to achieve this.