It’s a kind of human tendency to expect something for taking some effort, any effort at all. We are a greedy race and no one can contest that. Survey takers are no different, they expect something for answering a survey, be it some kind words, a site to visit or maybe a reward.
A survey administrator could, of course, send a message after the survey is completed but instant gratification keeps respondents interested and coming back to take surveys from the same administrator. To allow survey administrators to give their respondents something to think over at the end of a survey, QuestionPro has a feature called finish options. These are displayed the second the survey is finished.
All the finish options are as follows:
- Thank you page with the link: The “Thank you page with the link” lets the survey administrator set a personalized message at the end of the survey along with a link to take the respondents to a website of their choice.
- Automatic Redirect: The “Auto Redirect” as some have taken to calling it directs a respondent to a page set by the survey administrator once the survey is complete.
- Review/Print: Review/Print lets the respondents view their answers to the survey in a printable format so they can export their response if they want to.
- Spotlight report: The spotlight report shows the respondents their answers with a comparison to everyone else which is useful.
- Forward to a friend: Since everyone likes sharing things might as well share a survey too.
- Rewards: Everyone loves prizes, QuestionPro now offers users a way to reward their respondents based on various criteria like their score to a survey or first come first serve etc. The rewards range from gift cards or something completely user defined.
If you are reading this and planning to create a survey do use a finish option as it does aid in retention of respondents as well as keep the interest in your studies up.