As the offices continue to reopen, we have witnessed an emergence of the new guidelines and processes in place to ensure the safety of employees. There is an increasing need to perform health-screens of employees even before they come to the workplace so that the employers can make sure that they as well as their co-workers, are healthy and safe.
Limiting the contact can help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 and the potential damage caused by it at the workplace. This makes it essential for organizations to implement processes that ensure zero-touch while the employees come to work.
One of the ways businesses can achieve this is by knowing beforehand if employees or visitors have any symptoms. A contactless health-screen survey asks questions based on the common COVID-19 symptoms as declared by the health authorities.
Why do you need contactless health-screen surveys?
Contactless health-screens surveys ask a few questions to support the health and peace of mind of all those who need to return to the office environment, attend an event, or visit premises. It helps you know if the person is at risk and in some cases aid in contact tracing all without touching any surface or device – in the building.
Once the respondent answers the survey, you have the essential data on who entered, when, and were they healthy enough to be allowed in the building. Generally, the visitors are requested to answer the survey within 4 hours before they enter the premises. It helps the organizations better plan the facilities and be more prepared for the day.
Questions to consider
Depending on the goals of an organization surveys can be as short as 3 main questions.
- Have you, or anyone you have been in contact with, had a positive test or presumptive test for Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any signs or symptoms of a fever in the past 24 hours such as chills, sweats, or had a temperature that is elevated for you/100.0f or greater?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? (please check all that apply)
- Fever, chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- New cough (not related to chronic condition)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies)
- Muscle aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or chest tightness (that is new/unusual to you)
- No symptoms
You can create contactless health-screen survey yourselves or use one of the free survey templates. These templates can always be customized as per your needs.
Benefits of contactless health-screens
Considering the generic nature of the health-screen surveys, they can be answered by anyone who enters your premises. This could be anyone from your employees, vendors, or visitors.
Some of the benefits of contactless health-screens that users have experienced are:
- Quick: It hardly takes 10 mins to design a survey. Answering it is even quicker.
- Non-invasive: The questionnaire is designed such that the respondents don’t feel their privacy is being invaded. The survey checks if they are experiencing any of the common COVID symptoms listed as the options, or any unusual health condition.
- Sent via email/app: While there are many ways to distribute a survey, the common ways to send a contactless survey is through an email or an app. With an email, the respondents will need to click on a link that will take them to the survey. Being able to answer the questions right from the mobile phone helps respondents be more comfortable. It also enables them not to touch any unknown objects.
- Automated: You can schedule daily survey invitation emails or make the visitors take the survey as and when they need to check-in. The survey software can maintain a distribution list so that you don’t need to send emails individually.
- Reporting and analytics: Get an automated report in your inbox about the number of respondents who took the survey and how many qualified to check-in. You can analyze the historical data, apply filters, and export to various formats.
But, how do you ensure a completely contactless health-screen experience?
How to design a contactless health-screen survey process?
Vet visitors before they step-in.
Answering a health-check survey could be a mandatory step for anyone who wants to visit office premises. Let the visitors know of the process once they register or plan to visit your building. Screen everyone and collect their name, email address, and company name. These details are essential to update the database on who all entered the premises. You can also send them videos that guide them to maintain their safety.
Once a respondent has finished the survey they will receive an email saying that they have cleared the health screen. They will be required to show the email bearing their name. The security officer can confirm an individual’s identity by comparing the name in the email against the badge.
If someone does not clear the health-screen, they will need to talk to the reporting manager. The process from here can then be designed by companies. Each business should have outlined processes ahead of time. Not passing the survey doesn’t mean not being able to enter the building. The manager of such respondents will take further decisions after talking to them.
Equip visitors with a QR code to allow access to specific areas.
Send a QR code with the email once the respondent passes the survey. The visitors can scan the code at the doors and kiosks so that they don’t have to insert a keycard. It will ensure contactless access to areas within the building.
Ask questions orally instead of paper forms or sharing devices.
Another way to screen the visitors is by asking questions verbally, instead of using paper-based surveys. However, this may lead to clustering and is a not-so-efficient process. In the pre-COVID era, many visitors were asked to enter their details on the tablet for security reasons. However, this practice should be replaced by oral interviews now.
Do you need any help creating a contactless health-screen survey?
With the world in a constant state of change ensuring the health and safety of the customers and employees is the top-most priority for organizations around the world. If you need any help in creating a contactless survey for your organization, please get in touch with us.
To see how a current QuestionPro customer is implementing a contactless survey check out our webinar with the Massachusetts Convention Center.