Marching along with our cloud connector strategy, today we integrated QuestionPro with Facebook Connect.
What is Facebook Connect?
Facebook Connect is a platform (developed by Facebook) to allow external sites like blogs, forums etc. to use Facebook’s strong userbase for authentication. What is means is that, if you have a Facebook account, you can simply use that account (email/password) to login to other sites.
How does that help with Surveys?
If you are running a survey directed at your Facebook users, you can enable Facebook Connect on your survey for authentication. This will give you a couple of quick hits:
- You know that all users who are taking the survey are legitimate Facebook users
- You’ll be able to detect duplicate responses from the same FB user easily
This is our first step in integrating social networks into surveys and data collection. Our roadmap includes the following:
- Allow facebook users to invite other FB users (friends) to take the survey – Viral Expansion Loop.
- Put a story on the user’s Newsfeed that they took the survey — allows others to know about the survey.
- Allow results to be shared/selectively with your social cloud.
We’ll be rolling out these features as add-ons to the Facebook Connector for QuestionPro.
- Enable Facebook Connect Authentication: https://www.questionpro.com/help/546.html