We know this year has been difficult for many people around the globe. And as a team who specializes in workforce research, we know HR professionals have been hit particularly hard, because you’ve been asked to do so much to support your people and your organizations.
At QuestionPro, Empathy at Scale is our philosophy, so in addition to thinking though the most important survey questions to ask, we suggested some intro text in such a way to make your employees know the survey is in their best interest and will be truly used to improve their experience with the culture by making them happier and more productive.
We hope that this hybrid work survey guide helps you at least a bit as you continue to have such an important impact to those in your organization, and beyond.
Hybrid work strategy worker survey guide
Introduction to the employees (email/messaging template)
It’s been an incredibly challenging time during the pandemic for workers across the world, including for all of you inside our organization. There are many considerations to keep in mind as we decide the best way ahead, and we have worked hard to try to make the best decision in how we return to physical work spaces for both our people and our business.
It’s really important for us to know how the recent changes are impacting you, and how we can continue to be the best leaders and place to work for you.
Please take a few minutes to let us know how you’re doing, and how we can best support you as a place where you love to work.
First, we’d like to know how you’re feeling about our recently launched hybrid work strategy. Please remember that your answers are fully confidential, and that all the information you provide will help us make sure we are making the right choices to support yours and your colleagues’ needs.
- I think our company’s hybrid return-to-work strategy is well thought out.
- I feel like the company is giving the right consideration to my physical health during this time.
- I feel like the company is giving the right consideration to my mental health during this time.
- I am comfortable returning to work from the office when needed.
We realize that as time goes on and the intensity of COVID-19 changes, your preferences as to how you do work may change as well. We’d like to check in about your current preference for your working arrangement. We’ll check in again in the future to continue to keep a pulse on whether your preferences are changing.
- I prefer to work remotely full-time.
- I prefer having an agreed schedule of which days I am working from home and which days I need to go to the office.
- I prefer to have an ongoing choice of working from home and working remotely. I would rather not decide my schedule ahead of time.
- I trust that others around me in the workplace will adhere to our safety policies.
A big part of how happy and productive you are at work depends on those who you are surrounded by at work, be it in person or virtually. We’d love to know how you feel about your relationships with others at work.
- I believe I will be able to have a good relationship with my colleagues in my current work arrangement.
- I believe I will be able to have a good relationship with my manager in my current work arrangement.
- I am satisfied with the work-related support I receive from my manager.
- I am satisfied with the personal support I receive from my manager.
- I regularly have meaningful conversations with people from work.
- I am confident I can work productively anywhere, anytime.
- I think I’ll have equal advancement opportunities regardless of how much I chose to work remotely or in the office.
Your wellbeing is really important to us. We appreciate all the hard work everyone has been doing, and we want to make sure that while you continue to excel in your role, that we are providing you with a culture where you know that taking care of yourself is extremely important. With that, we’d love to know more about how well we are supporting you, and how we could support you better.
- My company cares about my wellbeing.
- My manager cares about my wellbeing.
- Our culture encourages a balance between work and personal life.
- I am satisfied with the balance I have between work and personal life.
- My levels of stress related to work are manageable.
- I am able to take time off when I feel the need to recharge.
- I am satisfied with my overall wellbeing.
We hope that this survey was useful to you, if you plan to follow up on your hybrid return-to-work strategy learn more about QuestionPro Workforce and discover how the insights gathered through employee engagement surveys will help you build a stronger culture and a better business.