In an interview with German media, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook recently discussed the core reason behind his inspiration to create the world’s first cross-continental social media platform. The reason is very different from what is often portrayed in Hollywood and other media buzz – Mark shared that while using Google during his Harvard days, he came to know that there were quite a few websites that provided information about topics but there were none where individuals could share knowledge. That’s how the concept of Facebook came into being – a community portal for idea sharing!
A community is thus, a platform where various respondents come together to discuss and opine on various subject matters. This way, all the members can be engaged in what the organization’s doing and the organization can get real-time inputs on what they’re doing well and what can be improved.
A community portal is a centralized online platform to engage with your selected community members and derive powerful insights based on their feedback and opinion on issues.This can be achieved using multiple qualitative and quantitative market research methods such as the surveys, ideaboard, topics and discussions, polls etc.
Every ambitious and customer-centric organization looks forward to improving their products and services. By qualifying individuals to share their thoughts on an online community web portal, an organization can conduct research different activities. These days, sharp-witted organizations rely on a community portal to get finer understanding of the audience and to push all the endeavors towards market research of upcoming products/services.
Below is an example of a customized web community portal gateway using QuestionPro Communities.
Creating a uniform branded community web portal for your members builds user trust on your brand. By using our centralized all-in-one community portal that helps you create an engaged online community, you can raise the bar for your brand. Adding a landing page that the members go to after they signup or login, allows you to enhance your brand that can engage your community or get more members on board.
Keeping a community engaged and increasing the community size is one of the key targets of community managers across the board. Here is how an online community portal can help achieve these metrics:
- Real insights and idea sharing: A web portal for communities is a focused online platform where selected community members can share ideas and insights in real-time. The community admin decides which topic is to be discussed and requires member opinions, keeping the discussions focused on the subject.
- Collect information using the associated tools: By using the various engagement tools like quick polls, topics, discussions, and ideation, an organization can collect extra information for the respondents which the other non-portal communities might not be able to offer. The members can also be rewarded with gift points or coupons upon responding using this online portal.
- The power of online equality: One of the best aspects of anything being online is the equality of access and ability to voice opinion more freely. While distance and virtual presence are sometimes associated with disengagement among people, in case of an online community web portal, this distance helps give each member the freedom to express without concerns.
- This web portal can thus give you a peek into the community members’ thoughts that can be used for the betterment of your brand.
How to create and configure your online web portal with QuestionPro Communities?
The editing process of the web portal is straightforward. Login to the QuestionPro account, go to Communities>> Content>> Portal. To have the new theme for your community portal:
Usually, the portal pages are mentioned in the footer of the page. This can also be shown on the main tab by using the Old them and turning on the “Main Tab” option.
Key features – Community Web Portal with QuestionPro Communities
- A conventional non-portal community will not give you the details that the tools of a community portal like quick polls, discussions, ideation, and topics offer.
- These tools are a source of added information that can help your brand in ways that you could have never imagined.
- Redemption of reward points and many other features are at the disposal of your community members.
- In the topics and ideation tools, members can openly share their views about a particular subject and the other community members can join in this discussion.
- You can actually pay attention to your community members with this organic setup where conversations just flow and give you the desired inputs.
- An organization can offer various reward points that the members can redeem from the web portal. These points are fundamental in keeping members engaged.