What are Health Survey Questions?
Health survey questions is a questionnaire to gather data from respondents on the state of their health and well-being. Such questions enable a researcher to understand the overall health, illness factors, opinion on healthcare services provided and risk factors associated with the individual’s health.
Furthermore, health surveys can shed light on the level of healthcare the population is being offered, as well as understand health insurance coverages given to the audience. In certain cases, health surveys can be focussed to understand specific diseases or disorders by conducting longitudinal surveys or frequent surveys so as to track patterns and trends, thus allowing the survey owner to make appropriate decisions accordingly. Health surveys are an effective method to collect data from a large population or a target group.
There can be various types of health surveys that can be conducted depending on what information is required.
For example, a healthcare institution wants to conduct a health survey to know more about the well-being of elderly patients. In such a case, a healthcare well-being survey template can give you in-depth information on the overall health and well-being of this targeted group.
Top 15 Health survey questions for health-related questionnaires:
Health survey questions to understand the overall health of the respondent and health insurance coverage information.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how healthy do you consider yourself?
- Do you currently suffer from any chronic diseases?
- Do you have any hereditary conditions/diseases?
- High blood pressure
- Other (Please specify)
- Are you habituated to drugs and alcohol?
- Yes to both
- Only to drugs
- Only to alcohol
- I am not habituated to either
- How often do you get a health checkup?
- Once in 3 months
- Once in 6 months
- Once a year
- Only when needed
- Never get it done
- Overall, how do you rate the local hospitals in your area?
- Above average
- Below average
- Very poor
- How would you evaluate your overall health? Would you say you are:
- In good physical health (No illness or disabilities).
- Mildy physically impaired. (Minor illness or disabilities)
- Moderately physically impaired. (Requires substantial treatment)
- Severely physically impaired. (Requires extensive treatment)
- Totally physically impaired. (Confined to bed)
- In your opinion, at what capacity can you perform everyday activities?
- Excellent capacity
- Good capacity
- Moderate capacity
- Severely impaired capacity
- Completely impaired capacity
- In the past 24 hours, what different kinds of medications have you taken?
- How many medications have been prescribed by your physician that you have taken in the last 24 hours?
- More than 5
- In the last 24 hours, how did you take your medicine?
- Without help (in the right dosage and right time)
- With some help (someone prepares the medicine or reminds you to take it)
- Completely unable to take it
- Which health insurance coverage provider are you currently enrolled with?
- Affordable Care Act
- Private health insurance
- Other (Please specify)
- Please state your level of agreement to the statement: Health insurance is affordable to you.
- Completely Disagree
- Somewhat Disagree
- Somewhat Agree
- Completely Agree
- Has any of your family members been dropped out of coverage after a diagnosis of any illness?
- Has a lack of health insurance coverage made you consider one of the following?
- Skip a doctor’s appointment
- Cancel an appointment with the doctor
- Postpone a doctors appointment
- Not purchase medicine
- Delay treatment
The above health survey questions allow the researcher to understand the overall well-being of the targeted audience, health insurance coverage information and information related to any illnesses that the individual might suffer from. Using the data from this and analyzing the same can give you insights into the patient’s current health status, health behavior, illnesses, patterns and hence allow the researcher to address the issues appropriately.
Learn More: Healthcare survey templates