Firstly, let’s begin by understanding panels a little more. A panel is a pre-recruited pool of individuals belonging to niches that suit various research requirements and who agree to participate in the various research assignments conducted by a researcher. They are known as panel members, panelists or audience. These panel members may be called up for partaking in either quantitative surveys or qualitative surveys for market research.
Qualitative market research is a method where open-ended conversations are conducted with panel members via platforms like focus groups, interviews, and other innovative research methods. On the other hand, quantitative market research with panelists is a method where the collection of data or information happens by sending across surveys or questionnaires and analyzing the results based on these surveys.
B2B panelists are defined as those respondents who specialize in responding to any business related surveys. These panelists are segregated by the size, industry type, segmentation, role, etc. of the current market.
Inspired by dramatic growth in global internet penetration, online surveys are growing in popularity for collecting primary research data. An online Panel is a collection of pre-screened qualified people who are willing to participate in surveys and provide feedback for a product or service according to the nature of the survey. B2B online panelists are similar to B2B panelists, but insights from them are gathered via the help of internet tools. Eg through CATI’s (Computer Assisted Telephonic Interviews) or CAWI’s (Computer Assisted Web Interviews).
This panel plays a pivotal role in research purposes – market research to be the most obvious and direct case. A B2B or a business-to-business online panel often provide crucial insights into complex products or services across multiple sectors in the enterprise. Such an online panel would involve professionals like HR Decision Makers, IT Decision Makers, Executives, Financial Analysts, and Small Business owners which makes it challenging. Thus B2B online panel audience recruited helps you to keep up with the modern business dynamics worldwide, regularly.
Imagine a time in the 1990s or even the early 2000s where research surveys were not yet digital and were administered door-to-door. Where panelist survey information was kept in a hard copy form in papers that had to be sorted and put back into a stack of hundreds or even thousands for every research activity. Imagine a time when research conducted through panels was extremely slow.
The game has changed since the spread of internet usage. The online research panels of today are the equivalent of a jump to lightspeed. A company conducting online research today can very conveniently blast out an email to all the panelists who fit the criteria of the survey. Research panels have evolved significantly since then, and are now quite complex. However, much like in the past, creating a panel is a commitment that can pay dividends if built and managed to scale with business needs. B2B panels are highly efficient in presenting researchers with a fast, high incidence sample that can be used for a variety of enterprise needs.
Panelists of QuestionPro B2B panels are chosen through tight screening and selection process with over 300 background data points collected from each panelist. These panels are formed only by panelists who are 100% willing to devote their time and efforts for a survey because of which the responses received for the surveys is always productive.
Finding a reliable research panel is tricky. There are lots of things that you need to keep to your mind.
- The first step is to consider is your targeted customers. Know the area you want to focus on.
- Does the research panel provide services for your company? Our sample services cover wide varieties of industries such as information technology, online shopping, e-commerce, start-up online businesses, and cross-border consultancy businesses.
- Does your research panel partner prepare questionnaires? This is an important question that you cannot avoid. Here are some good examples of what business survey & B2B survey questions & templates look like.
- Look for the research panel partner that uses premium software to analyze data concerning the respondent like IP check, cookies, and email ID. Try to know the measures taken to restrain frauds related to the survey so that you will able to capture accurate data.
- B2B Research can be a difficult road with many threats and pitfalls along the way. If you are finding exceptionally cheap and cheerful sources of B2B sample, you are probably overpaying for consumer sample.
- Recruiting real B2B specialists is an investment. Sourcing this audience for your survey requires an investment on your end too. Buying high-quality B2B participants isn’t expensive, it’s simply priceless!
Online panel providers must have the following characteristics:
- Accessible and readily available
- Provide precise business data
- They are familiar with the business and market trends as they are totally involved in the subject matter
- Ability to reach respondents globally
- Large, with a population in the thousands
- Quicker fieldwork turnaround
- Higher participation rates
- Potential cost savings versus other methodologies
Here are a few compelling reasons to adopt QuestionPro’s online panel. B2B buyers behave differently today, and this is part of the reason why B2B online panels are necessary for B2B market research. Prospective buyers use the internet to educate themselves, to evaluate the experiences of other customers, and to narrow down their lists of potential suppliers. Here are the advantages of partnering with QuestionPro to cater to all your B2B panel needs
- 22 million panelists across 32 countries
- 300+ profile data points
- Provides market sizing data
- High quality of responses
- Produces customer insights & lists
- Allows for better market segmentation
- Provides the researcher with near accurate forecasts
- Partner sourcing services
- Helps with market entry strategies
- Gives market Opportunity insights
Explore more: Audience – Powering Research with Incredible Sample
There are two ways in which you can access QuestionPro’s B2B panel. Here’s how:
- If you’re an existing customer, go to Surveys » Audience » Get started
Here you must detail out the information of the survey.
- Select the number of questions
- Select the completion date of your survey
- Specify the time taken and number of respondents
- Choose the age and gender of your target audience
- Fill in the other demographic details like ethnicity, annual income, relationship status, education, and state.
- Click on ‘Create Project’ to generate ‘Cost Per Incident’
Once this is done, you will be directed to the payment page.
Select the survey you want to choose. Alternately, you can choose the option ‘I don’t have a survey yet’.
- Well, if you do not have an account with us, get in touch with us by clicking here and filling the form. A sales representative will get in touch with you within 5 minutes.
B2B market research through multiple channels has become an essential aspect for businesses. It has become easy, cheap and accurate with the help of technology and innovation. You can recognize the rift between what you give and what the audience needs.
A survey can be deemed successful only if the end-results, i.e., the study data provides the expected insights. The best way to ensure is by an online B2B panel. Let’s see how market research can be executed flawlessly with the help of an online panel.
- Helps companies define their markets
- Measures the changing needs of customers
- Strengthens their competitive advantages
- Help make better business decisions
- Gains competitive intelligence
- Reveals new opportunities
- Determines if there is a viable market for the goods and services
- Enables the company to improve its offerings