Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) - CX
CSAT is a broad term that describes many different types of customer service survey questions. The goal of any CSAT score is to measure a customer's satisfaction level with your company's product, service or interaction.
It focuses on a specific interaction and not on wider relationship with the company (NPS measures this).
- 3 point scale (1-3)
- 5 point scale (1-5)
- 6 point scale (1-6)
- 7 point scale (1-7)
- 10 point scale (1-10)
- Smiley Type:
- Star Rating Type:
Scoring Model for CSAT
1. There is ‘Customer Satisfaction’ scoring model assigned to the CSAT question.
2. It assigns the top most value as ‘Positive’ response.
Example: You add a satisfaction question of 1-10 scale. The CSAT scoring model will assign the ‘Positive’ sentiment to score 9 and 10. Suppose, there are 20 responses received for this question.
CSAT Scoring (Top Box) –
As per the above formula, the “#of Satisfied Customers” are 10 and the “#of Satisfaction survey responses” are 20. Therefore, the CSAT score is 50%.
Mean CSAT –
As per the above formula, the “Sum of all Scores” are 137 and the “#of respondents” are 20. Therefore, the Mean CSAT is 6.7 rounded off to 7.
Steps to add CSAT Question
- Login to CX.
- Click on Create Survey button on top-right.
- Select Email Survey.
- Give a name to the Email Survey.
- Under Edit tab, go to: Add Question >> Advanced >> Customer Satisfaction
- You can change the Answer Type and Rating Scale by clicking on ‘Settings’.
How to add CSAT Widget?
- Login to CX.
- Click on Analytics.
- Click on ‘+ Add Widget’.
- Select ‘Survey’ from the widget type drop down.
- From the next dropdown, select the survey for which you want to see the CSAT widget.
- From the widgets displayed, scroll down and select the CSAT chart widget.
- From the question drop down, select the CSAT question.
- If you want to apply the filter, click on ‘Apply Filter’ toggle button. You can select the filters – Segment, Product or Product Group
- Enter the name for your Widget and click on Save.
Change the scoring model for the widget
- On the widget, the default score is ‘Top Box’.
- Click on the 'Mean CSAT' button to view the Mean CSAT score.
You may also be interested in...