CX Intercept - Targeting Rules
Targeting rules are conditions for displaying an intercept to a website visitors.
How to add targeting rules and what are the different types of targeting rules?
To add targeting rules, go to:
Login >> CX >> Survey >> Intercept >> Targeting rules
The different targeting rules are:
- Include Pages : Displays the intercept to website visitors who have viewed a particular page or a sub page. Below are the conditions you can add to make sure the intercept is shown only to the selected visitors who meet the criteria in their URLs:
- Equal to
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Exclude Pages : Does not displays the intercept to website visitors who have viewed a particular page or a sub page. Below are the conditions you can add to make sure the intercept is shown only to the selected visitors who meet the criteria in their URLs:
- Doesn't equal to
- Doesn't starts with
- Doesn't ends with
- Doesn't contains
- Exclude IP: Add the IP addresses range you wish to exclude if any.
- Date Range: Displays the intercept to the visitors within the selected date range.
- Devices: Displays the intercept to the visitors accessing your website from the chosen devices only.(Mobile/Tablet/Desktop)
- Trigger Type: Displays the intercept to the visitors on the selected frequency only.
- New: Display the intercept to the first time visitors only
- Returning: Display the intercept to the visitor who has returned to your website.
- Everytime: Display the intercept everytime on the website to all the visitors.
- Trigger Delay: Displays the intercept to website visitors who have been browsing the site/page for a particular amount of time or more.
- Skip Count: Intercept will open after particular number of visits. This setting is only applicable when Returning Trigger type is selected
- Cookies: Cookies will expire after entered number of days.
How many targeting rules can be made per intercept?
Currently only one set of targeting rules with one of each except viewed can be set up per intercept.
How often will a visitor see the intercept on exit intercepts
A visitor will see the intercept only once. This is tracked by storing cookies in a visitors browser. The cookies can be set to expire from the targeting rules page