Action Alerts notify you immediately when someone answers in a particular way to the questions in your survey. For example, you could set up an Action Alert to notify your Customer Service Manager every time someone gives a low satisfaction score on a feedback survey.
How do I set up a response criteria based notification?
- Select the workspace » Select the Survey » Edit » Settings » Notifications
- Click on the New Notification button.
- Enter a name for your notification and click on Add Notification
- For the notification, create a New Criteria or select an existing criteria. You can select or create multiple criteria
- Criteria created on surveys are available to be used for setting up notifications.
- If the criteria is met, select who the email notificaiton should be sent to.
- Email Administrator: By default email administrator will be enabled. Email notification will be sent to the survey administrators email address.
- Email Respondent: Email notification will be sent to the respondent email address. This will either use the respondent email address if sent via link with a tracking link or if there is an email input question on the survey.
- To: You can add additional email addresses to whom you wish to send the email notification. Emails will be CC'ed to the email addresses.
- You can also choose to include the survey response and also system variables.
- Click Save Changes.
- Test out the rule by previewing and taking the survey. Make sure you choose the options in the survey that trigger the alert, and you should be getting emails depending upon what actions you choose!
What are the different ways of generating notifications if the criteria is met?
The different ways in which notifications can be generated are -
- CX Ticket - If the notification criteria is met, a closed loop ticket can be automatically created.
- Enhanced CLF Ticket - If the notification criteria is met, an enhanced closed loop ticket can be automatically created.
- Email - If the notification criteria is met, email can be sent.
- Notification Group - If the notification criteria is met, email can be sent to a group of users.
I do not see Distribution Lists in the Notifications after revamp of the feature. What do I do?
Distribution lists are replaced by notification group. So if a notification has to be sent to a list of users, create a notification group and use it to notify a group of users as shown below.