Recommendation Engine - How it works?
The basic idea of recommendations engine is to have simple recommendations for the survey respondent based on how he/ she has performed in the survey. You can set up a recommendation
on a particular question saying "If the respondent scores less than 5 on this question recommend him something".
How can I set up a recommendation engine on my Survey?
Its a 3 step process to get your scorecard up.
- Set up the Recommendation Engine logic on questions you want in your scorecard.
- Customize your Score Card under Analytics - Score Card
- User Survey Settings change the finish option to Score Card.
Lets take an example of a very simple question set up. A 5 point scale question with 3 attributes to rate on :
Website, Customer Service and Overall Satisfaction. Lets set up recommendation on these attributes. As you see in the screen shot we will be setting up recommendation for respondents who select
either Unsatisfied or Very Unsatisifed.
Step 1. Setting up Recommendation Engine on the question:
- Go to
- Login » Surveys » Edit » Question's Logic icon
- Select the Recommendation Engine option from the list.
- Here you will see 2 sections Recommendation Settings & Score Assignment
- Recommendation Settings :
- Threshold: Score value you can set, less than equal to which recommendation will kick in for the question.
- Recommendation: Recommendation you would like to set for each question goes here
- Set ranges for your gauge.
- Score Assignment :
- You can assign custom scores for each answer choice. The Threshold you set is with respect to these values you set here.
- Default score values used in computation are 1 to n, in case of n answer choices. i.e. if you do not set any custom scores.
Step 2. Customize your Score Card
Step 3. Change finish option for the survey to Score Card.
This feature is available with the following license :
You may also be interested in...