Media Library - How to upload images and files
The media library is a repository of uploaded images, documents and any other media files that can be accessed and used anywhere across the QuestionPro platform.
How to upload or add files to the media library?
To upload images or files go to:
- Login » Survey » Edit
- Under the Edit tab, click on Media Library
- You can select a folder to upload your image to or also add a new folder
Once you have selected or created a folder, you can click to add or drag and drop files anywhere on page.
The files will be uploaded and can now be used across the platform.
Files uploaded to media library are publicly accessible. Please do not upload any private or sensitive files to the media library.
Click here to learn more about encrypted media URLs.
Following file formats are allowed on the platform:
- Image: jpg, png, gif, webp
- Audio: mp3
- Video:m4v, mp4, mov, flv, avi, m4a, webm
- Documents: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, txt, pdf
- Fonts: ttf, otf, woff, woff2
How to add an image on a survey question?
You can add an image on your survey questions or answer options. Click on the text and you can click on the image icon.
On the popup, you can either upload a new image or select from an image from your media library.
Image will be added to your survey question or answer option as selected.
What options are available for the images and other files?
Image/file options can be accessed by clicking on the more (vertical ellipsis) icon.
Following options are available:
- View Details: This will open the image preview with all file details.
- Get Link: Click on the get link option and the image/file URL will be copied to clipboard.
- Get HTML: Clicking on get html will copy the HTML for the image/file to clipboard. You can use this on the email invitation or on the survey to display or link files.
- Set as Logo: Click on this option to use the image as logo for the survey.
- Rename: Use this option to rename the file.
- Download: Download the file by clicking on this option.
- Delete: Delete the file.
Can I move files to a different folder?
Yes. Under Media Library, make sure you are in the list view.
- Select the files you wish to move and click on the Move option.
- Select the folder where you want to move the files.
Can I share my media library folders with others within the others?
Yes. You can share your folder with anyone within your organization.
- Click on the Share Folder option for the folder.
- On the popup, you can select who you want to share with
- Only specific users or teams, or
- Everyone within your organization
- Save your sharing preferences
What is the common files folder?
Common files folder is a system folder which is shared by default with the entire organization. All files added to this folder will be shared with everyone by default.
All users can add files to this folder, however, only the organization admin can delete files from this folder.
Organization admins can disable the common files folder by switching off the toggle for share with everyone.
I don't see the option to delete my files.
If the file is moved to a shared folder, the file cannot be deleted. Please move it out of a shared folder and then you can delete the file. Or you can ask your organization admin to delete files.
You will not be able to delete files added by other users. Please ask the organization admin or the user who uploaded the file to delete it.
Thank you for submitting feedback.