Exclusive option validation for multiple choice questions
QuestionPro allows you to make an answer option exclusive ensuring that no other option can be selected. This can be used in case of multiple choice – select many (check box) questions.
For example, consider that there is a question asking the respondents to select a favorite dessert with the following answer options:
- Sizzling brownie
- Molten choco lava cake
- Honey sweetened cherry pie
- Chocolate fudge cake
- None of the above (exclusive option)
If the respondents select none of the above
options then, they will not be able to select any other option accidentally.
How do I make an answer option exclusive?
To make an answer option exclusive:
- Go to: Login » Survey (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace.
- Click on add question button.
- Under basic question types » mulltiple choice, click on select many.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside the answer option which you want to make exclusive.
- Select the checkbox for exclusive option.
Which question types support the exclusive option?
The following question types support exclusive option:
- Multiple choice: select many
- Image chooser: select many
- Matrix multi-select (you can make the column as an exclusive option)