Rank Order - Drag and Drop interface
The drag and drop question type allows respondents to rank a list of items by dragging and dropping each item in preferential order from first to last preference. It is used as an interactive way to rank order the list of items. The drag and drop questions also support the usage of images in answer options.
How do I add drag and drop question?
To add a drag and drop question:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace.
- Click on the add question button.
- Under basic question types » ordering, click on drag and drop question.
- Add option: Use this option to add more option choices in the answer field.
- Edit options in bulk: This option helps to add answer options in bulk. We can copy and paste the list of answer options directly in this field.
- Validation: When you add questions to a survey, by default, validation option is turned off. When validation option is not enabled, respondents can continue with the survey without selecting answers. If respondents go through all the pages in the survey without selecting answers, the survey is still considered as complete. By enabling validation option you can see a drop-down with options - force response and request response.
Force response option makes a question mandatory/required, as shown in the above image.
When you select request response, the respondent gets a pop-up in case a question is not answered, requesting to answer the question or continue survey without answering.
- Select at most/exactly/at least: You can put validation on number of choices which a respondent must select before proceeding to the next question. For example, if you want the respondent to select maximum 2 answer options then choose select at most from the drop down and set the value as 2.
How does drag and drop question work?
Drag and drop questions have been designed in such a way that the respondents can drag the items listed in the left-hand column and drop them into right-hand column one-by-one to rank each item in a preferential order.
What type of reports do I get for the drag and drop question?
- Summary report for the choices
- All downloadable reports include the drag and drop question statistics
- Individual response in the response viewer