Display Settings and Survey Controls
What are survey display settings?
All survey display settings and survey controls like navigation buttons, progress bar, question numbering, validation messages, survey advance modes can be controlled under Display Settings
Where can I access and update the display settings for my survey?
Go to: Surveys (Select Survey) » Edit » Design
Under the Design tab, click on Display Settings. Here, you can change the display settings for the survey.
Following controls can be changed:
- Auto-advance: Enable or disable auto-advance mode where the survey scrolls automatically to the next question.
- Auto-submit: Auto submit survey answers to make it easy for respondents to answer a survey.
- Progress Bar Display: Select where the progress bar should appear. Select “None” to hide the progress bar.
- Start Button: Enter the text you'd like to display on the Start button for the survey which will be displayed on the first page of a multi-page survey
- Next Button: Enter the text you'd like to use for the Next button.
- Finish Button: Enter the text you'd like to use for the Done button. This will display on the last page of the survey.
- Display Question Numbers: Switch this option on to display Question numbers in the survey.
- Back Button: Switch on this option to include a “Back” button on each page of the survey.
- Exit Button: Switch on this option to include an Exit button on each page of the survey to allow the respondent to exit the survey at any time. Respondents who choose to exit a survey before completing it will be marked as incompletes. Exit URL: If you would like to direct users to a particular website when they click Exit, you can set this URL here.
- Validation Message: Switch on to display validation messages on the survey.
- Social Network Toolbar: Switch on this option to include social buttons for sharing the survey via email, Facebook, or Twitter. The social network toolbar will be included in the footer of the survey.