How to use the new Salesforce integration to connect the QuestionPro survey to Salesforce?
Please follow the steps below to connect your QuestionPro survey to Salesforce:
- Go to: Survey >> Integration >> Salesforce
- Enter the desired name of the connection and click on Save button.
Note: You can switch ON the Sandbox toggle to connect to Salesforce Sandbox environment but Sandbox connection is an Enterprise Edition feature.
- Click on the Sign in with Salesforce button.
- The oAuth page will be opened up in the new window. Enter your Salesforce username and password and click on Login button.
- After creating a connection you will need to map the survey to your Salesforce object. Click on + Add New Mapping button to add the field mapping for the current survey.
- Select the action you want to perform on each new QuestionPro response from the first drop-down:
- Create New: To create new record in Salesforce object.
- Update Existing: To update existing record in Salesforce object.
- Update if exists, else create new: To avoid duplicate records in Salesforce object.
- Select your Salesforce object in the second drop-down and click on Continue button.
- In the next screen, select the mapping type for the current survey from the first drop-down:
- Map a question: To map the answer code of the question to Salesforce field.
- Map a custom variable: To map custom variable value of the response to Salesforce field. Available custom variables are from custom3 to custom 255.
- Map a system variable: To map the system variable values to the Salesforce field. Available system variables are ResponseID, Timestamp, Device Data and Language.
- Map an answer value: To map the answer value to the Salesforce field.
- Pull Data: To pull existing data from Salesforce record and use it within the survey.
Select the question/ variable from QuestionPro survey from second drop-down and select the Salesforce object field from the third drop-down. Use the "+" and "-" buttons on the right side of each field mapping to add or delete new option respectively. Make sure you have provided mappings to all the required feilds then click on Continue button.
Note: Please make sure to collect the responses for your survey from the Survey URL provided inside the mapping to send the data to your Salesforce object other wise the data will not be sent to your Salesforce object, it will remain in your QuestionPro account.
- After configuring the mappings you will be available with a list of mappings created for that survey. You can go through all the mappings for that survey by using the snapshot view by hovering over each mapping. You can click on the mapping or the Edit button on the snapshot view to edit that particular mapping.
Can I push the survey data to multiple objects in Salesforce?
Yes. You can push the survey responses to multiple Salesforce objects. To achieve the same you'll have to,
- Keep all the mappings within the survey on "Create New" records mode
- Use the anonymous or tracked survey links instead of the survey link present inside the mappings