HotSpot Image Testing
QuestionPro offers a feature wherein you can show an image with some predefined sections or areas in the image to your respondents so that they can like/dislike those particular sections or areas in the image.
How do I add a HotSpot question?
To add HotSpot question:
- Go to: Login » Survey (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace.
- Click on the add question button.
- Under advanced question types » image/multimedia, click on HotSpot question.
- Hotspot question will appear as follows:
- You can see default rating options - Like and Dislike. You can also add rating option by clicking on Add Option.
- You can choose your own color for the respective rating option. Click on the color as shown in the image below and change the color from color picker.
- Click on the '?' mark to add image. A pop-up will appear showing media library. You can either use an existing image from the library or upload a new image.
- Once you select the image, a pop-up will appear where you need to select areas in the image where you want the respondents to rate those areas. You can see black border around the selected areas. You can change the border color from Settings.
- Click on save questions.
How do respondents answer the hotspot question in your survey?
The hotspot question will appear to the respondents as follows:
Here, the respondents need to click on the bordered areas and select your rating option from Select an option to provide feedback. Click on save and proceed further to complete the survey. The respondent can also add comments in their feedback.
How do I view the report of hotspot question?
To view the report for HotSpot question:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Analytics » Analysis » HotSpot Analysis.
- Here, you will see the image with pre-defined areas. You can click on the colors used for rating (like/dislike/neutral) to view which of the rating options have been selected for each area.