Text to speech
What is text to speech?
QuestionPro Text-to-speech function allows the survey questions and answer options to be read out loud and ask for respondents reply. Based on their reply, the correct option is selected and response can be recorded.
How does text to speech work?
We have launched text to speech in BETA. Currently there are a few limitations.
- Text to speech is supported only for multiple choice single select and text input questions.
- For text to speech, we only support single question per page.
When you enable text to speech and open the survey in our offline app,
- The question along with the answer options will be read out loud.
- Once read, you will be prompted with "Please speak now" message and the mic icon will turn blue.
- You can say your preferred answer option/choice.
- Voice recognition will match it to an answer. If matched, the answer will be selected.
- If you are satisfied, you can click on the Next or Continue button.
- You can also change your answer manually and submit.
How to enable the text to speech function?
Go to: Surveys » Mobile
Click on the Device Name for which you want to enable text to speech.
In the popup, under Settings switch on the toggle for Text to Speech and save.
This will enable text to speech. Sync your offline app to update this setting.