Answer display order
Answer display order allows to sort answer options in different ways. It can be set in ascending, descending, randomize and default format. For example, if you want to set up an online exam and each candidate should see answer options in different sequence then the answer display order should be set to random. If you have a list of states or countries then you can display them in ascending order.
How can you change the answer display order?
To change the answer display order:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Edit
- Click on question settings.
- Click on answer display order.
- Select the sorting options (default, ascending, descending, randomize, and advanced randomization) from the drop-down options.
How does the answer display order work?
- Default: Answer options will be displayed in the same order as set by the user.
- Ascending: Answer options will be sorted in ascending order alphabetically.
- Descending: Answer options will be sorted in descending order alphabetically.
- Randomize: Answer options will be shown randomly to each respondent. You can also select how many answer options you can randomize
How can I exclude an option from randomization?
- Click on the drop-down next to the answer option.
- Select the checkbox - exclude from randomization.
Exclude randomization is visible only when randomize options is selected under answer display order.
Which question types are supported?
- Multiple choice: Single-select, select many, image chooser questions.
- Ordering: Rank Order, constant sum, drag and drop.
For matrix questions, the answer display order/answer sorting option is available only for matrix drop-down question.
Following are the languages supported:
|Chinese (Simplified - gb2312)||Latvian|
|Chinese (Traditional - Big5)||Lithuanian|
|Chinese Hong Kong||Macedonian|
|Chinese [Hong Kong]||Malay|
|French [Canada]||Spanish [Latin America]|
Note: When a respondent completes the survey, the survey options will randomize for the next respondent, if the respondent goes back or refreshes the page in the same browser the options will not randomize.