What is Sentiment Analysis?
Sentiment Analysis refers to the use of natural language processing, text analysis, computational linguistics, and biometrics to systematically identify, extract, quantify, and study affective states and subjective information. Sentiment analysis is widely applied to the voice of the customer materials such as reviews and survey responses, online and social media, and healthcare materials for applications that range from marketing to customer service to clinical medicine. In the QuestionPro platform, you can use the Sentiment Analysis feature to tag the comments from the respondents and arrange it according to the sentimental value of their feedbacks.
To add the Sentiment Analysis report for your survey please follow the steps below:
- Go to: Login >> Survey >> Analytics. Click on the Text Analysis icon and select Sentiment Analysis from the drop-down menu.
- Click on + New Sentiment Report button to add a new sentiment analysis report.
- Enter the desired Report Name and select the Question from the dropdown. Select the Data Filter if you want to filter the responses . Click on Use Credits and Generate Report button.
The required credits will be deducted from the organization's Global Credits present under Usage Dashboard >> Credits. Click here
to know how to buy credits for your organization.
- The report generation process will start and you'll see the list of reports screen. After the process is completed click on the report name to open up the report.
- You'll see a bubble chart displaying top 10 tags for that particular question.
- Sentiment analysis provides you the option to drill down on a tag to reach to the root cause of the issue. Click on the tag you want to drill down from the chart. From the big percentage figure, you can check out the proportion of that tag in the entire data set.
- As you drill down, the comments on the right section will be filtered based on the tag you have selected.
Note: In order to maintain accuracy, sentiment analysis will be performed only on phrases with 10 or more words.
Can I share the sentiment analysis report with my colleagues?
Yes. You can use the shareable report link generated for each sentiment analysis report(present on the top right section of the report) to share that report with your colleagues/ stake-holders.
Can I combine two sentiment analysis reports?
Yes. You can combine two sentiment analysis reports to generate one report and use it, by following the steps below:
- Select the reports you want to merge and click on the Merge Reports link.
- Enter the name for the merged report and click on the Merge Reports button.
- Your merged sentiment analysis report will be generated and you can identify the merged report by a merged symbol in front of the report name.
NOTE : You can merge maximum 5 sentiment analysis reports. Also, you cannot merge two already merged reports.
Can I export the tagged data from Sentiment Analysis?
Yes. You can simply click on the Excel Sheet icon on the top right corner and the tagged data will be downloaded along with the themes (tags).
You will get the exported data in the following format:
- Theme: Which will contain all the tags/theme along with the Response Count, Sentiment, and Sentiment Score for each tag/theme.
- Raw Data: Which will contain the Response ID, response for the selected question, Theme, Sentiment, and Sentiment Score for each tagged response.
How much credits will be deducted for generating the report for 100 responses?
The charges for analyzing 1 response is 0.05 credits. So for generating the sentiment analysis report for 100 responses you'll need 5 credits to be present in your organization's QuestionPro wallet.
How will QuestionPro deduct the credits for generating multiple reports for same response set?
Each responses will be charged only once. Hence, if you have generated a sentiment analysis report for a set of responses let's say 100 responses by paying 5 credits then you can generate multiple reports for those responses without any additional cost.
Can I generate the sentiment analysis report for the responses in romanian language?
The sentiment analysis report can be generated only for the responses in english language. Other languages are currently not supported by the sentiment analysis functionality.