How does extraction logic work for Image Chooser question types?
Extraction logic allows the survey to retain information from previously asked question/s and allows the survey authors to gain further insights for the selections made by respondents for a specific question. We have now paired this feature with Image selection question type where different logics can be applied to extract the images chosen by respondents in subsequent questions and rate their preferences.
For example, consider a question in your survey, "Please choose your favorite ice cream flavors from the given options." with the following options to choose from:
Based on respondents' answers, survey authors may ask further questions for the selected choice. You can set this up easily using Extraction Logic where the extracted options will appear with their corresponding images as provided in the previous question.
In the provided example, the survey author has built logic to extract selected choices in the form of a star rating question. Assuming that the survey taker has chosen "Chocolate" and "Butterscotch" from the given options, here is how the next question will appear with their corresponding images.
How do I setup extraction logic?
To set up extraction:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (click on a survey) » Edit.
- Click on Logic for the question from which you wish to extract follow up questions.
- Select Extraction logic from the drop down.
- Select the options, you’d want to extract for the follow up questions.
You can select from the following options:
- Selected Choices: All options selected by respondents will be used in the extracted question.
- Not Selected Choices: All options that are not selected by respondents will be used in the extracted question.
- Displayed Choices: All options that are displayed to the respondent will be extracted.
- Not Displayed Choices: All options that are hidden by show/hide logic and not displayed to the respondent will be extracted.
- All Choices: All choices will be extracted.
Click on the drop-down next to 'to question type' and select the “Rating” >> “Star” option.
Click on Save Extraction Logic button.
The extracted question will appear below the source question. You can add question text for your question.