Sending survey invitations via email
One of the most popular ways to distribute surveys to potential respondents is through email invitation. Email invitations are highly customizable and gives you the ability to create templates that can be used for a specific survey or across all the surveys.
How can I send a survey via email invitation?
To send an email invitation:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Distribute » Email >> Compose
- In "To" section, you can either add email addresses or select email list that you have created from the drop-down as shown below:
Survey invitations are survey-specific. Please make sure you have selected the correct survey. The active survey name is always displayed in the top left corner.
You can also edit the following:
- Email body: You can edit the email body either in plain text, images or use HTML to customize the look and feel.
- From email: You can update the email address of the sender.
- From name: You can update the Name of the sender
- Insert survey link: Select from either the tracked respondent link (will appear as SURVEY_LINK= ) or the anonymous respondent link (will appear as ANONYMOUS_SURVEY_LINK= ). This is also where you can update the survey link text that will be displayed when a respondent sees the email. By default, the survey link text is "start survey".
- Insert variables: Insert First name, last name or custom variables from 1 to 5 using point and click.
- Language: If your survey is multilingual you can select a default language, so the respondents will receive the survey directly in one language.
- Email embed: You can embed the first question of your survey in the email body itself. Check how to embed questions
Once you have done with the editing, click on send
button to send out the email invitation for your survey.