Microsoft Azure- SSO set up with QuestionPro
What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure (formerly Windows Azure) is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers [Wiki]. Create your free Microdoft Azure account here.
How to set up SSO with QuestionPro using Microsoft Azure?
Follow the steps below to connect Microsoft Azure with QuestionPro:
- Login to your Azure Portal.
- Create a new application under Active Directory.
- Go into the app and click on Single sign-on under Manage in the second left navigation.
- Now click on the pencil icon to edit the Basic SAML Configuration.
- Under Basic SAML configuration paste the ACS URL you get from your QuestionPro account in Identifier (Entity ID) and Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) input fields. Click on Save.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit User Attributes and Claims
- Click on Add new claim. In the right pop-up enter the Name of the attribute as emailAddress and select the Source attribute as user.mail. Click on Save
- Now scroll down to the bottom of Signle sign-on page. Here under SAML Signing Certificate click on the Download link in front of Certificate(Base64). Then copy Login URL, Azure AD Identifier, and Logout URL
- Now go to your QuestionPro account. Go to User Profile >> Global Settings. Here under SSO Authentication select SAM (Signed) from the drop-down menu and select Manual Settings as the Configuration Type. Now paste the values from your Azure app in the following manner:
Click on Save Changes.
- Azure AD Identifier to Issuer/ Entity ID in QuestionPro.
- Login URL to Signle Sign On URL in QuestionPro.
- Logout URL to Logout URL in QuestionPro.
- Upload the Certificate you have downloaded from your Azure app by clicking on the Chose file button.
- Now to test your SSO connection. Go to Single sign-on page in your Azure application and scroll to the bottom. Here click on the Test button and then in the right pop-up click on Sign in as current user you will be directly logged in your QuestionPro account.
Note: If you don't have an existing QuestionPro account with the email address used in your Microsoft Azure platform then a sub-account will be added under your Organization (due to Just In Time provisioning) and you will be logged into the sub-account.
How to assign my Azure application to a user or a group of users?
To assign the application to the users, follow the steps below:
- Go into your Azure application and click on Users and groups under Manage in the second left navigation. Click on Add user.
- Here click on the Users and groups icon. Search and select the User/ Group to whom you want to assign this application and click on Select button at the bottom.