Contact information (open ended text)
The contact information question type is a formatted group of textboxes collecting contact information from the respondents in a consolidated form. You can choose from various details that you require, such as name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
How do I add a contact information question?
To add contact information question:
- Go to: Login » Survey (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace.
- Click on the Add Question button
- Under basic question types, select the Contact Information question type.
- Contact information question will be added with the following form fields by default:
Mailing address fields are disabled and can be enabled under Settings.
You can add additional fields by clicking on the Add Custom Field link.
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Validation: By default, validation option is turned off. Respondents can skip and move ahead in the survey without answering the question. You can enable validation if you don't want to allow respondents to skip this question. By enabling validation option you can see a drop-down with options - force response and request response.
Force response option makes a question mandatory/required, as shown in the above image. The respondents cannot finish survey without answering a mandatory question.
When you select request response, the respondent gets a pop-up in case a question is not answered, requesting to answer the question or continue survey without answering.
How do I add or remove form fields of contact information question?
Consider that you want to ask respondent's mailing address too.
What are the types of phone number formats supported by QuestionPro?
For phone number, QuestionPro supports four types of format:
- United States / Canada
- India mobile
- United Kingdom
You can also change the default country under phone number format. To change the default country:
- Click on phone number drop-down and select format as shown in the above image.
- Under format, the default country is United States/Canada.
- Click on the format drop-down to view the list of countries and select your country.
Following are the valid formats for India mobile numbers supported QuestionPro:
+91 - 9883443344
0091 - 9883443344
How does contact information question appear while taking survey?
The contact information question appears as follows while taking survey:
How do I view the reports for contact information?
To view the report for matrix multi-select question:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Analytics » Dashboard.
- The report of lookup table question as shown below:
- The information entered by the respondents can be seen in third column.
- You can also download the raw data in Excel or CSV format.