Save and Continue Later
The Save and Continue option allows respondents to save the responses to your survey in the middle of the survey and come back and continue later. This is very helpful if the survey is long.
How can I enable Save and Continue later option for my surveys?
Go to: My Surveys (Select Survey) » Edit » Settings
- Under Settings, enable the switch for Save and Continue
- You can change the button text if you wish
- Click on Save Changes to enable this option.
How does the save and continue later option work on the survey?
Once, Save and Continue is enabled, the button would be displayed wherever there is a page break.
- When the respondent clicks on Save and Continue Later button, a pop-up warning message will open asking respondents to make sure that all questions are answered before proceeding.
- When respondents click on the Continue button, they would be asked to enter their email address where they would like to receive the completion link.
- QuestionPro will send the completion link for the survey. Respondents can open the survey from where they left off by clickin on this link.
Note: Data is saved up to the page on which the respondents click on the Save and Continue Later button. When respondents click on the continuation link from their email, they will be taken to the next page just after the page on which they clicked on the Save and Continue Later button.
Are there any limitations on using Save and Continue?
- A page break is necessary for Save and Continue to work. The Save and Continue option will not be available on single page surveys.
- All branching/skip logic is based on active sessions. Branching/skip logic will not function with the Save and Continue option.
- Randomization logic is not supported with the Save and Continue option.
Can I edit the email that is sent with the completion link?
Yes. You can click on the edit email icon and update the from name, email, subject, and the email message and save your changes.
Does the save and continue later option work with multilingual surveys?
Yes. Save and Continue Later option is fully compatible with multilingual surveys.
How will the data be saved in the database?
When respondents click on the Save and Continue button the response is saved in the database as a partial (incomplete) response. Once the respondent continues with the survey and completes it, the same response set is updated and marked as complete. However, if respondents do not complete the survey, then the response will be saved in the database as a partial / incomplete response.