Delete Survey and Data - How to?
QuestionPro platform provides you an option to delete the data of a survey or delete the entire survey. Deleting survey responses will cater your need to repurpose the survey whereas deleting survey will help you keep your dashboard clean and up to date with the latest surveys. Lets have a look how you can delete the survey response and delete the survey.
How can I delete a survey?
To delete a survey, go to: Login » Surveys
Depending upon your screen resolution, you will see the delete option on your screen or under the three dots - more options.
- For smaller screen/resolution, click on the three-dots more options and click on the Delete option.
- For larger screen/resolution, delete option will be on screen, click on the delete option to delete your survey.
- Click on the Delete icon for the survey. You can also select multiple surveys at a time and delete them.
- On the confirmation popup, click Yes to delete or cancel to not delete.
Deleted surveys will be moved to the recycle bin.
How can I delete data/responses for a survey?
To clear the results and delete all responses for a survey, go to: My Surveys (Select Survey) » Analytics
- Click on the Manage Data menu under Analytics.
- Select the Delete option in the Manage Data drop down.
To delete data, you have two options available here.
- Clear All Responses: Clicking on Clear Responses here will clear all data/responses. This action cannot be undone.
- Clear All Test Responses: Clicking on Clear Responses for this option will only delete responses that were collected using the Preview link for the survey. These responses are marked as test_response when saving.
Click on Clear Responses to delete data:
- All response data will be deleted
- If you are using attach/upload file question, all files associated with the responses will also be deleted.
- If data was collected using our offline/mobile app, device audit data for the responses will also be deleted.
Data once deleted cannot be retrieved!
Why would I want to clear the data?
If you are doing pre-test trials, etc., you usually want to clear out all the test data from the database before starting to collect "real" data. Use the "Clear Data" function for this.