Date and time question
Date and time
question allows your respondents to enter date by selecting month, day and year from the respective drop-downs. This format enables tools to filter data based on the dates entered by respondents.
How do I add date and time question?
To add the date and time question:
- Go to: Login » Survey (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace.
- Click on add question button.
- Under basic question types » misc, click on date/time question.
- Date and time question will appear on your survey.
- Validation: By default, validation option is turned off. Respondents can skip and move ahead in the survey without answering the question. You can enable validation if you don't want to allow respondents to skip this question. By enabling validation option you can see a drop-down with options - force response and request response.
Force response option makes a question mandatory/required, as shown in the above image. The respondents cannot finish survey without answering a mandatory question.
When you select request response, the respondent gets a pop-up in case a question is not answered, requesting to answer the question or continue survey without answering.
Settings options for date and time question
You can customize the date and time question as per your requirements. On the date and time question, click on settings. Here, you will see the following options to customize date and time question:
- Display date
- Display time
- Enable 24 hour format
- Default to today's date
- Select date format
- Year range
- Question tips
How do the date and time questions appear to the respondents while taking survey?
For the respondents taking survey, the date and time questions appear as follows:
You can view the report for date and time question on the dashboard. To view the report: