Reply-To Email Address
What is Reply-To email address?
Reply-To email address is the email address where you want to receive the email replies. This email address is usually different than the 'From' address.
'email@example.com' is the Reply-To address. When a respondent clicks 'Reply', the reply email will be sent to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' instead of 'email@example.com' which is the From email address.
Why to use different Reply To email address?
There can be multiple reasons you might want replies to your email campaign to be sent to a different address than your From Address.
Let’s say you’re sending a promotional campaign to all of your customers, and you want your support team to handle the replies. Then you could set your Reply-To to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s say you’re sending a product satisfaction survey to your customers asking for their satisfaction. You may want to set your Reply-To to your customer service address. Then you could set your Reply-To to email@example.com
Let’s say you’re sending a survey to some VIP contacts, and you want to personally handle the responses. In this case, you would not set a Reply-To to your own email address.
How to setup Reply To email address?
The reply-to email address can be directly editted on the compose tab while sending out the survey invite.
The second way to setup the reply-to email address is to save it while creating an email template. Follow the steps below to set up the reply-to email address via email template:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Distribute » Email » Templates
- Click on the New Template button
- In the pop-up, add a name for the template, modify the email template, and add the desired Reply To email address. Click on the Save button
- The email template will be saved and can be used for deployment. On hovering over the new template name, click on the Send link.
- You'll be redirected to the Compose section where you can see the template details auto-populated. Now you can send out the email invite and get the replies to the new rely-to email address setup in the template.