Text box input - Keyboard type
Most respondents answer surveys from their mobile devices or tablets, opening the right type of keyboard for a text input field makes it really easy for respondents to answer your surveys.
How to specify which keyboard to open for a text box field?
Depending on the text input type, we define the type of keyboard to open. You can check or change this under question settings.
Select the question for which you wish to change the keyboard type and click on the Settings
option for the question.
Here you can set the keyboard type.
When respondents open the survey on their mobile or tablet devices, the selected keyboard type will be opened by default.
Which keyboard types are available?
Depending on the required input type, following keyboard types are available:
- Text: Default text keyboard will be opened with alphabet display.
- Email: This keyboard type makes it easier to enter an email address. @ character is added to the text keyboard along with other helpful characters requred for email input.
- Number: This will open a numeric keyboard.
- Phone: This keyboard type makes it easy to enter phone numbers. Numeric keyboard with essential phone number characters are displayed on the keyboard.
- Date: This will open the default calendar type input on your device.
Please note, the keyboards opened will depend on your device OS.
The keyboard type setting is available with which question types?
Keyboard type setting is available for the following question types:
- All text input type questions
- Spreadsheet matrix
- Reference data
Thank you for submitting feedback.