Text question- Email address
An email address question is a short-answer, open-ended field where respondents can enter their email address. This comes with validation for ensuring that the value entered by the respondent is an email address.
How do I add an email address question type in the survey?
To add an email address question:
- Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Edit » Workspace
- Click on the add question button.
- Under basic question types » text, click on email address
- Email address question will appear on your survey.
- Add text box: Click on add text box to add rows for accepting multiple email addresses. For example, you can use this feature for accepting secondary email address from the respondents.
- Validation: When you add questions to a survey, validation option is turned off by default. When validation option is not enabled, respondents can continue with the survey without selecting answers. If respondents go through all the pages in the survey without selecting answers, the response is still considered as complete. By enabling validation option you can see a drop-down with options - force response and request response.
Force response option makes a question mandatory/required, as shown in the above image.
When you select request response, the respondent gets a pop-up in case a question is not answered, requesting to answer the question or continue survey without answering.
Note: The system will check the format of the email address only if the question is made required i.e. when Validation is turned ON.