OneLogin- SSO set up with QuestionPro
What is OneLogin?
OneLogin is a cloud-based identity and access management provider that designs, develops, and sells a unified access management system platform to enterprise-level businesses and organizations [Wiki]. Create your free account here.
How to set up SSO on QuestionPro using OneLogin?
Follow the steps below to connect OneLogin with QuestionPro using SAML 2.0:
- Go to your OneLogin account and create a new app by clicking Add App button under Apps tab
- Select the SAML Test Connector (IdP) app to create a demo app with predefined SAML settings.
- Enter your app name, upload the logo and click on Save button.
- Your app will be created. Then under App>>SSO you will find the Issuer URL. Copy the Issuer URL.
- In your QuestionPro Account under My Account>>Global Settings>>Login Authentication select SAML(signed) from the dropdown and select the Metadata URL radio button. Then paste the Issuer URL in the Metadata URL textbox and then click on Save Changes.
- An ACS URL will be generated for your account which will be useful for connecting your OneLogin account to your QuestionPro account.
- Copy the ACS URL from your QuestionPro account and paste it in the Audience, Recipient and ACS URL text boxes under Configuration of your OneLogin account. Also enter the asterisk(*) sign in the ACS URL Validator. Click on Save.
- Click on Add Parameter under Administrator>>App>>Parameters and add a new parameter with field name “emailAddress” and value as “Email”. Check the Include in SAML Assertion checkbox and Click on Save.
- Finally Click on Save and then on the OneLogin Logo.
- Now you will see the OneLogin dashboard with your app icon. When you click on the app icon you will be redirected to your QuestionPro account, where you will just need to login into your OneLogin account.
Can we map new users to a specific Business Unit/ Team?
Yes, It is possible to map new users to a specific Business Unit/ Team. You can pass an attribute named "businessUnitID" in your SAML assertion containing the Business Unit ID / Team ID from your QuestionPro account which will add new users under that specific Business Unit/ Team. In the following example shown in the screenshot we have used the "Department" field to store the Business Unit ID for the user which will be passed in the SAML assertion:
From where do I get the Business Unit ID/ Team ID from my QuestionPro account?
To get the Business Unit ID/ Team ID from your QuestionPro account, please follow the steps below:
- Go to User Profile >> Organization >> Teams
- Click on you Business Unit/ Team name ("Test" in this case)
- In the next page you can see the Team ID for that particular Business Unit/ Team.