- To add Custom logic to your Survey you can add a Custom Scripting/Scoring type question. Click on the Add New Question link under the Edit Survey page:
- In the Question Wizard pop-up from the Advanced Questions Types option select the Custom Scoring/Logic Script question type and click on the Next button.
- Here you can enter the script for the required logic and save the question.
If the logic includes Branching or Looping then please check the appropriate box. For Testing you can enable Debug Information.
IMP: A Page Break is necessary before a Custom Scoring/Logic Script type question.
What options should be enabled?
- Logic Includes Branching: Enable this option if there is Branching involved in the script/logic
- Logic Includes Looping: Enable this option if there is Looping involved in the script/logic (Please note that multiple rows of data are saved for each loop).
- Enable Debug Information (For Testing): Enable this option for testing the script/logic
- Enable Auto Submit: Sometimes you may use this question as the only question on the page.
In such cases user will see a blank screen with continue button on the page. The same issue may occur if there is branching logic in the script/logic.
If enabled the page is automatically submitted and user will not see the blank screen.
For more information and examples please visit the links below: