Setting up row-level data filtering and security
Row-level access control enables you to create a secure data access environment automatically, by providing:
- More granular data security: you can set permissions for individual rows, not just Surveys and Reports.
- Automatic data filtering according to group.
When it comes to securing data, sometimes the best option is to use row-level security. This way you can grant limited access to your dashboard accounts on a need to know basis. For instance, you may want to filter the data by group. Let's say you have a system which keeps track of all orders and the information is organized by deparment. Now you can grant access to each department to access their data and they will not be able to access data for other departments. Row-level security is the best solution to secure your data.
How can I set up row-level data filtering and security?
Login >> Surveys >> Click on the Profile Picture Icon (Top Right Corner) >> Organization
Click on the email address for the account for which you wish to set up Row Level Security.
- Click on the Folder name to view Survey.
- Click on the Security link for the Survey
- Under Data Filter you can select from the Existing Filters (If already set) or you can add new Filters.
- Click on Save Changes
Thank you for submitting feedback.