Responses - raw data
Responses that are collected for your surveys are available to view in the raw (unprocessed) data format in the response viewer. It's a real time view of your data. Use the response viewer to view, edit, or delete individual responses. You can also use the response viewer to access individual spotlight reports, email individual responses, print individual responses, or delete responses.
Where can I see the responses collected for my survey?
Go to: Login » Surveys (select a survey) » Analytics
Select the responses option from the drop down under dashboard.
All your responses are available in the Response Viewer
Following options are available in the response viewer:
- By default, question and answer data is not displayed. To see this data, switch on the toggle switch for Display Questions.
- You can control which data you want to see by using the Show/Hide Columns option.
- You can export the raw data by clicking on the XLS icon.
- You can search for responses in the search bar.
- You can search using the response id's. You can search multiple response id's using a comma separated list.
- You can also search using an email address.
- You can search using either the external reference variable or custom variables 1-5.
- By default, all responses are displayed under the response viewer. To view responses by particular status, you can click open the All Responses drop-down and select from the following options to view:
- All responses (default selection)
- Started but not completed
- Data segments - all user created data segments
Can I search for specific responses?
Yes. You can search the response viewer for responses using either the response ID, email address, external reference variable, or custom variables 1-5.
To search for a specific response, if you know the response ID or the email address, you can search by entering this data. You can also search by response ID for multiple response ID's separated by a comma.
For email address, external reference variable, or custom variable 1-5; comma separated search for multiple search terms is not possible. Please use a specific search term.
Can I view, edit, download individual responses?
Yes. You can click on the response id to open the response in a popup. You can edit the response or view the spotlight report here.
Following download and export options are available for the individual response.
- PDF: You can download the individual report in PDF format.
- Excel: Download the individual response in Excel.
- Email: You can email the individual report.
- Print: You can print the individual report.
Important notes about editing responses.
- If your survey has looping - there will be multiple responses generated for the same questions - you cannot use the response editor if your survey has complex looping logic or extraction.
- Rank order and constant sum validation: When editing responses directly, the system does not validate any of the validation options.
- Branching logic / skip logic: None of the branching logic or skip patterns are applied when editing responses directly. If you have branching/skip logic, please make sure that you do not enter in data that cannot be validated or is inconsistent with the branching logic that you have setup.
Can I delete a single response or specific responses?
Yes. Select the response or responses you wish to delete and click on the delete option that is displayed upon selection.
Responses once deleted cannot be retrieved.
Can I show or hide columns in the response viewer?
Yes, you can choose which data is important to you and only view and download that particular data points using the Show/Hide Columns
On the popup, you can select which data points you want to see.
Questions mentioned below are not shown in response viewer, hence won't be displayed in edit mode:
- Complex Grid/ Flex Matrix
- Custom Logic Engine
- Lookup Table
- Store Locator
- Text Marker
- Presentation Text
Question mentioned below are shown in response viewer but are not editable, hence will not be displayed in edit mode:
- Attach/Upload File
- Flex Matrix
- Reference Data
- Multi Tier Lookup Table
Thank you for submitting feedback.