Auto-translate multilingual surveys
Creating a multilingual survey is more intuitive and easier than ever to set up. The simplified point and click setup process that will empower you to:
- Have the ability to change the default language easily.
- Test and share surveys in different languages all at once.
- Manage and collaborate with others for translations.
- Be able to change the order of display for different languages.
Automatic translation setup
Let’s assume you want to create and distribute a global survey in English, Chinese, Spanish, and French.
- Create a survey in a default language (Example: English default).
- Select the ‘Language’ tab, click ‘Add Languages’ and select the languages to be used.
- If you would like the system to translate the survey in the following languages, click on ‘Auto-translate.’ When it hits 100%, the translation is completed.
- We recommend for you to review all translations and edit to localize as needed. Click the ‘view’ icon on the right to review the automated translations of your survey.
- If you see changes to make to the automated translations, which may include logo updates, click the ‘manual translation’ tool to self-customize and update your survey until you are satisfied with your translations.
Are there any limits on auto-translate functionality?
Yes. Currently, we can only auto-translate if the survey text is shorter than 5000 characters. For longer surveys, please download the translation template and manually upload the translations.
For longer surveys, you will see the error: Text exceeds limits for auto-translate. Please translate text manually.